Daked Derb™

Monday, November 20, 2006

Flying Safety Tip

Good morning everyone! It is about 6:15 am here, and I'm just sitting at my computer waiting for time to go to class. I was doing some extra research today for a presentation I need to give in class about medical certification when I ran across this. This is a link to an announcement by the FAA called an Advisory Circular about the reduced effectiveness of oxygen masks on men with beards. So, for all you safety men out there, remember to shave your beard before you go flying on that airliner! In the case of an emergency, the extra oxygen could help you combat the effects of what is called hypoxia, which is basically when the brain doesn't get enough oxygen.

Anyways, for anyone who is interested, my presentation today is on 14 CFR Part 67, which can be found online here. 

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am assuming that it would be the same for women, children and babies with beards, too. Am I correct?

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sexist, Nate! What your life needs "on demand" is a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t. Women and children with facial hair everywhere, lement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home